July 1st 2023 update
As announced by the ACT Government, the eligibility criteria for the Sustainable Household Scheme have changed from July 1st 2023.
- Sustainable Household Scheme (SHS):
- Stand-alone homes with a 2022 unimproved value (UV) at or below $750,000 are eligible for all products in the scheme, except solar.
- For solar eligibility under the SHS, the 2022 UV of the property must be at or below $450,000.
- Unit titled properties with a 2022 UV at or below $300,000 are eligible for all products in the scheme.
- Home Energy Support Program (HESP):
- Health Care Card has been added to the list of eligible concession cards.
- For both categories A and B in HESP, the 2022 UV eligibility thresholds are at or below $750,000 for non-unit properties and $300,000 for unit properties.
- To be eligible for solar through the scheme from 1 July 2023, the property must either have a 2022 UV at or below $450,000 for non-unit properties under SHS, or the card holder must have a 2022 UV at or below $750,000 for non-unit properties to access the HESP.
You can learn more details about the changes and eligibility criteria by visiting the scheme guidelines here.
More money in your pocket from day one
Most installations under the Sustainable Household Scheme will be a cash-flow positive investment.
This means that your renewable energy system saves you more than its fortnightly repayments, providing you with extra money in your pocket right after your installation is completed.
So, thanks to the Scheme, there is no need to break the bank if you want to improve your home in a sustainable way. Installing solar panels and energy storage has never been so easy and affordable!
Who is eligible?
The main eligibility criteria are as follow:
- The Scheme participant must own the property.
- The property must be a standalone residence, or a unit titled property.
- For all eligible products except solar, the Unimproved Value (UV) of the property in 2022 must be below $750,000 for non-unit titled dwellings and stand-alone unit titled dwellings based on the unit entitlement percentage.
- For solar products, the UV must be below $450,000 in 2022.
- A UV of $300,000 applies to unit titled multi-storey apartments. Your UV can be found on your rates notice or using the following website.
For more information on eligibility criteria and on the program, please consult the Scheme guideline.
A long-term partner for your long-term loan
SolarHub has the capacity and know-how to support you throughout your 10 years loan period.
With a decade of experience and more than 12,000 customers in the region, it is hard to find a solar business with such an established presence in the ACT.
SolarHub is a safe option for your Sustainable Household Scheme investment. We have been around for a long time, and we are not going anywhere.
ACT Sustainable Household Scheme Quote Request
Please fill out your details below and one of our renewable energy consultants will get in touch with you to provide more information about the Scheme, schedule an obligation free consultation, and prepare a formal quote for you.